The aim of reflexology is to balance the flow of energy around the body by stimulating reflex points on the feet / hands. It is based on the theory that certain points on the feet correspond to certain organs and body parts and that applying pressure to the areas can promote health in the corresponding parts. The genuine reflexology is the application of pressure onto particular areas of the soles of the feet. A reflex action in another part of the body is stimulated by the manipulation of each specific area. Unlike other massages that use thumbs, palms, hands, elbow, knee and foot, foot reflexology massage uses hands, fingers and a wood stick with cream and oil.
According to Chinese medicine, the sensory nerves of the internal organs that spread throughout the body are mainly gathered around the soles of the feet. Therefore, the massage is effective in stimulating the functions of the internal organs
The aim of Foot massage is to relax the client and relieve pressure by rubbing the muscles, tendons, ligaments, skin, and joints of the feet. it is similar to Swedish massage, the most common type of massage in North America. People typically use massage oil or lotion and use gentle gliding strokes all over the foot.
This foot massage has been practiced for many centuries for its various benefits. Our feet contain greater than 7,000 nerves. By stimulating them gently you can get pleasurable and relaxing sensations.
- Foot massage can help to relive anxiety and induce deep relaxation.
- Foot massage reduces stress and facilitates unimpeded blood flow throughout the body.
- A relaxing foot massage can facilitate homeostasis and optimum functioning of the body’s systems.
- Foot massage removes blockages to enable proper energy flow throughout the body. This can give you more energy and vitality to perform daily tasks.
- Foot massage heals and relaxes our body and mind, and protects against stress-related ailments